This resource outlines the targets, goals, vision and strategies of the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS). It recommends decriminalisation of sex work as part of an effective HIV response: "The decriminalization of sex work could prevent people from acquiring HIV through combined effects on violence, police harassment, safer work environments and HIV transmission pathways."
- UNAIDS 2016–2021 Strategy: targets, goals, vision
- Strategy at a glance: eight result areas
- Building on solid foundations: an updated and more ambitious
- Strategy in a changing world
- Time to take the Fast-Track: strategic leadership agenda
- How UNAIDS will deliver on this Strategy
- Annex 1. Overview of the process of developing the UNAIDS 2016–2021 Strategy
- Annex 2. Enhancing the leadership role of the regions: profiles of regional epidemics, responses and game-changers
- Annex 3. Illustrative list of indicators for measuring progress of the UNAIDS 2016–2021 Strategy
You can download this 124-page PDF above. This resource is available in English only.