Red Umbrella Fund provides flexible core funding to support the general coordination, functioning and strengthening of a group, organisation or network and its members. Core funding can be used to cover self-identified needs of the grantee partner including registration costs, rent, salaries, advocacy, (peer led) capacity building, membership meetings, activities, etc. The funding is flexible, therefore grantees can adjust their plans during the grant.
Red Umbrella Fund provides funding to sex worker-led organisations and networks that are:
- based in any country in the world;
- registered or unregistered;
- led by sex workers who identify as women, men, trans and/ or non-binary.
If you wish to apply, your group, organisation or network must fulfill each of the following criteria:
- Be led by sex workers.
- Focused on benefiting sex workers.
- Be committed to connect to and strengthen the sex workers’ rights movement.
- Agree with all the principles of Red Umbrella Fund.
Red Umbrella Fund do NOT fund:
- Organisations that are not led by sex workers;
- Organisations that seek to abolish or criminalise sex work;
- Organisations exclusively providing social or medical services;
- Organisations founded by or structurally dependent on political parties, government agencies or religious institutions;
- Business, credit programmes or income-generating activities;
- Academic research;
- Individual requests;
- Organisations that have a project or programme with or for sex workers, while the organisation as a whole has a broader focus.
For more details, tips, and to apply, visit The Red Umbrella website.